Monday, March 9, 2015

It's Here!!!!!!!


I feel like this weekend was my birthday, Christmas, tooth fairy, and all grand things rolled into one.  Daylight Savings!  I can feel less bitter about people at at work who are allowed to leave early due to having children while I have to stay because I do not and watch my ride time slowly setting as I commute home (ok, maybe still just a teensiest bitl bitter).  I don't care that I lost an hour of sleep, I get to FINALLY work BOTH of my horses!

I love the speed limit sign in the background

I worked Luxxx on Saturday and he was pretty good.  It was cool, windy, and the neighbors were running their four wheeler up and down the street.  Not the perfect environment for a 4 year old who hasn't been ridden in a week.  He handled it well.  He likes to pretend he's forgotten how to steer, bend, and move off my leg.  By the end he was doing all of the above pretty well.  Most importantly he was relaxed and moving into the bit.  We wrapped up with practicing leg yields and it seems so easy for him.  The lateral movements are good to touch on as we are walking and warming up or even cooling down.  He's the best at halting and even backs up perfectly now.  He also loves selfies (ugh...kids these days...)


I have to say this is my favorite picture from last week.


I feel very lucky to have so many pictures from HITS.  I can't wait to have a couple blown up for the house.

Rain is forecasted starting Wednesday through the rest of the week.  This means horses will need to get worked today and tomorrow before the mud sets in.  At least it's warm...



5 comments:

  1. I can't get over how classy Poppy is. What a mare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the HITS pics too, and agree that daylight savings is pretty much the best haha :) glad Luxxx is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for longer days - we have another 2 weeks till clocks change in Europe :-/

    You have so many awesome photos of your gorgeous horses i would need to have them all all the time if i were you *blush*

    ReplyDelete