Right now as far as the horses go I don't really have any plans. The baby horse was not something I had planned for this year. I have been trying to recoup from a very expensive year and that is simply not a necessity. When presented with the opportunity to do the embryo transfer with Poppy I thought about it a lot. I knew my friend wanted a foal for next year and I just figured I would freeze the embryo that would be mine until another year. Friend then asked if we could implant both embryos in surrogates and I agreed. Let's face it. I'm not getting any younger. I am not sure how much longer I want to be caring for horses and a farm. I already feel like I am getting too old to be dealing with the shenanigans of baby horses. I am a year away from these babies being on the ground. Then 3 years from breaking mine. So 6 years from now it would be hopefully consistent and showing. 6 years! So although timing isn't great I am also running out of time.
I don't have any shows on the books right now. I might take Poppy to a rated show with trainer over the summer. I might not. I'm not planning anything for now...we will just see. I am riding and jumping Poppy so when I do decide to go show she will be ready. She is doing great.
As for Luxxx he recently did several local shows to add some mileage to his repertoire. I will continue to work on his training and development this summer and return to the local shows with him this fall.