Friday, July 25, 2014

Baby Ponies and Boot Update

Last evening I brought Luxxx over to M's.  he worked baby L while I rode his mare.  She is a 4 year old Oldenburg x TB pinto.  I haven't put a stick on her but would guess she is 15.3.  M broke her and wants to sell her as a hunter or jumper prospect so I am teaching her to be an English horse.  M does a great job starting his horses so she has an amazing foundation.  She is very broke for 4yo.  She goes in a frame, bends, and his lateral work is spot on.  How many 4 year olds do you know who leg yield, turn on the haunches, and turn on the forehand?


Baby L was pretty good too.  M said when he worked him in the round pen he starts out being silly and bucking which M doesn't like.  He says he needs to go right to work.  I think this is just L's lack of maturity and it really doesn't bother me.  The fact that he gets it out of his system and doesn't do it with a rider is what I focus on.

I rode the mare in my new Parlantis (see boot review from Monday).  This is my
 4th time riding in them and they feel sooo
much better!  The left boot is still tight and 
needs to stretch but they are getting there.  
They are definitely a nice
looking boot.  No, actually they are beautiful. 
 I am thrilled with their look and now that the 
comfort is vastly improving
I am much happier.  I will ride in them a few
 more times and give you my full synopsis.
These will be my show boots only
so they just need to be broken in then sit in 
my show bag and wait for the next show.






4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful headshot - whoever gets to buy that mare is a lucky devil. She sounds like she has had a wonderful start in life and will go far.
    Am super glad to hear that the boots are getting better with more use - always the down side to horse riding, the pain before the gain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is lovely. I wish I could convince one of my friends to buy her!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are liking your boots a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, that pinto is stunning. *grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete