Friday, October 10, 2014

Urge To Jump On The Bandwagon

I did a bad thing.  I added Ogilvy on my Instragram and now I want a jumper pad.  Bad.  Like really bad.  The only thing holding me back at present moment is I have no idea what color I want.

Here goes my justification as to why I need one.  My saddle fits Luxxx perfectly.  He has Tank's old Equifit pad and it works well for now.
Poppy however has Tank's old Bevel pad.

(This image is much prettier that my well worn one) 

My saddle doesn't fit her perfectly so although I will get her, her own saddle one day it won't be right now.  Therefore, with a thicker type pad (like the Bevel) my saddle fits her better.  With a thin pad like the Equifit my saddle tends to slip (side to side).  So my main justification is that the Bevel pad is old and outdated and I keep seeing all these pretty Ogilvy jumper half pads and I want one.  And then
I saw that if I want one by Christmas I have to order now!  

Did I make a good case? Are these pads truly that fabulous?  Colors?  What colors for Ms. Poppy??


10 comments:

  1. I also really really want one. My holdout forever was that I couldn't show in it, but now that I can... need!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wait is long, the customer service is okay, they are nice pads though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love mine! :-) My friend claims the saddle moves around less with it. I dunno, but I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like mine! I like it much better than other halfpads I've tried, although admittedly I didn't try any of the other memory foam pads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved mine enough that I bought a second one. My only warning would be to order through a good dealer that you trust. Ogilvy does take forever, and the customer service can be sketchy, so you need someone who is willing to go to bat for you should they need to. I'm happy to provide you with the name and contact info of the shop I've used if you're interested... I trust her implicitly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i get it completely. impulse bought a used ogilvy on ebay and loved it, but.... it didn't work for the horse. womp womp. it had more to do with arabs being practically impossible to fit (short back, widely sprung rib cage), tho, so i wouldn't recommend against it. just sad that it didn't work for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I are having the same struggle with wanting an Ogilvy BAD but not being able to decide on a color #tackhoproblems

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want one too! Almost bought one at Menlo Charity Show but I didn't find a color combo I liked there.

    I'd like to find a local dealer so I can see it in person to chose.

    Good luck choosing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love mine... I couldn't wait for the custom colors because I am impatient so I got the solid black from Smartpak and ordered a custom cover (which should be here in a week or so) My horse, who is dubbed around the barn as "princess and the pea" LOVES it.. so that speaks volumes for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was using a Beval up until I bought a stock black Ogilvy from Smartpak. I'm not looking back. The Ogilvy holds the saddle in place better, whereas with the Beval my saddle did slide back more.

    ReplyDelete