Monday, November 3, 2014

Grumpy

I'm feeling a bit grumpy cat on this Monday.


Sunday at 3am embarked the start of 4 months of grumpiness for me.  The start of getting home when it's dark which means riding in the dark and hoping Poppy doesn't kill me.  I don't know what this will mean for Baby L.  Obviously it is not wise to be riding a 3 year old in the dark.  It's just not worth the risk.  I hate to have baby get a 4 month vacation but my options are limited.  I am working on husband regarding lights.  Otherwise I can find somewhere to just turn baby out for 4 months or find a new job with flexibility.  The last one sounds dramatic but I am feeling really bitter right now that other people in the company who have children can adjust their schedules to accommodate said children and I cannot.

Also waking up to find Baby L pulled down part of his fence last night didn't help the start to my Monday morning. Knowing I will have to fix it in the dark when I get home has me really excited.


On a less grumpy note, at the half way point to Daylight Savings I should be getting my new custom Ogilvy jumper half pad.  Woohoo!!  I can't wait!!  This is the color combination I finally decided on:


Trainer N told me that choosing anything but white was tacky in the show ring.  This matched with a white saddle pad I don't find tacky.  What do you think? 

10 comments:

  1. I think it looks great. Also I don't agree with Trainer N!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors for that pad, don't agree at all! If I got one, I'd get a charcoal personally... so not that far off color wise. Also, is there an HR person you can talk to about your job situation? You should have some rights regarding the scheduling and equality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty color combo! And if other coworkers get to tweak their schedules for their kids, you should be able to do the same! Kinda crappy of them if they think the fur kids don't need attention, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea the darkness really gets me down too - tho at least i feel less pressure to race around before the sun sets (cold comfort?)... hope you can figure out some sort of solution! also, love the pad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour combo you chose!
    Boo on work colleagues playing favourites for kiddos. I'd argue fur babies need more minding & deff require daylight to get stuffs done.
    Hope the hubby can help with lights...know any builders/contractors who might be able to hook you up with some sort of generator powered set up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally think you should get to split your workday to accommodate your "children". :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally with you on the daylight savings/winter blues. This time of year really stinks for riding when you work a 9-5 :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! From where did you buy it and what are those colors exactly?

    ReplyDelete