Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Winter Series Finale Wrap Up

The past three weeks of showing and working have been hectic to say the least.  We had heavy rain last week that made the 2 outdoor rings at the show unusable.  This meant having to combine 4 rings into the 2 indoor rings. 

Friday I didn't show but went and helped my trainer N who competed in the Hunter Derby.  They had a great 2 rounds and came in 3rd.

Hunters went first in my ring on Saturday which meant I showed at about 6pm.  

My copilot.


Poppy doesn't have much experience riding under the lights in an indoor.  She was brave and jumped well and we were second place in our 1.10m High Adult Jumpers.  Yay!

Then Sunday jumpers went first and I did the $10K Classic.  


My focus was to be careful and clean.  Poppy jumped clean but I was way too conservative and picked up time faults.  I was mad at myself for not being better aware of the time but thrilled with how well Poppy did.  We came in 8th and won enough money to cover our weekend entries. Woo hoo!  I bought a picture from the photographer so I will post it when it comes.

I'm trying to plan to go to HITS Ocala next.  The lady who takes care of my horses when I am out of town is now working full time so she is unable to help anymore.  Now I am scrambling to find help so I can send in my entries.  

I will give Poppy a few days off this week and focus on trying to get Tank and Ketel back in shape.  I have decided not to show Ketel in our local show February 15th so I can save the money and put towards HITS.  2 weeks to get him back in shape wasn't reasonable anyway.



6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That's an excellent way to end up the series :) Hope you can swing HITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great series! I hope you're able to find help so you can still go to HITS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo HITS looking forward to it (and your show pic!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend!! And congrats to your trainer too!!

    Can't wait to see the picture!!

    ReplyDelete