Monday, December 9, 2013

5 Day Challenge- Day 1 and Update

I think I am going to have to break down and body clip Ms. Poppy before I show this weekend.  It is 84 degrees today.  We are supposed to get a bit of a cold front this week where it will be upper 60s-70s but I worry about her fluffiness getting too hot showing.  Are you ready to kill me yet???  I know, I should stop because I HATE the cold and karma will probably get me for rubbing this weather in while my friends are freezing in other places.

This week I will be working to prep Poppy for showing on Sunday.  I am hauling her a couple hours away to go do the NAL Adult Jumper Classic.  I am probably nuts for just hauling in to go do a big class like this.  I will report on whether it was a disaster or not on Monday.



In the meantime I liked Tracy's 5 day challenge!

1. Most influential person on your riding

This is hard.  I think my first trainer gave me excellent basics and others were helpful along the way but I got my confidence from my friend/trainer K (barn owner) and her trainers that work for her.  When I first started with her I was a boarder and K and C (her head trainer at the time) both trained me.  Now I train with K's trainers N and M and they are just awesome.  K now just handles the business aspect and is gone judging a lot.

2. Piece of tack you’d love to splurge on

There are many things I'd like to spurge on but probably the most realistic is a pair of custom half chaps.  Tenney's Custom Saddlery does beautiful craftsmanship.  I have a custom show bridle they made me about 11 or 12 years ago that is still beautiful and a pair of full chaps they made me back when the full chaps were popular.  
http://shop.ordertenneys.com/about-us

3. Top 5 riding playlist

None.  I don't listen to music while I ride. I think it's dangerous.

4. Most important aspect of your barn?

There are many things I wanted when I built my place but without millions of dollars at my disposal I built what I could afford, which wasn't a lot.  I wanted a center aisle concrete block barn with indoor wash stall.  In FL the block barn stays cool and it is also sturdy for possible bad storms.  I could make a huge list of other things I want like an all weather ring with lights instead of a grass field but I don't have an endless cash flow. But really, the most important aspect of my barn is that it is less than 100 steps out my back door.  



5. Three winter riding goals

Since winter for me will consist of some big shows these are my goals at them.  One, get more consistent.  Two, make distance decisions sooner. Three, get more comfortable at 1.15m




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Tenney's will be at the show this weekend and I have to resist the urge to buy some. They are soooo pretty

      Delete
  2. I love your barn! It's awesome that it's right there on your property too :-)

    ReplyDelete