Thursday, December 19, 2013

5 Day Challenge- Day 5

21. Favorite classes to watch

Grand Prixs & International Hunter Derbies in general.  I love watching some of the big events online such as some of the World Cup Qualifier Grand Prixs as held at WEF, indoors, etc.

22. What’s in your cooler at horse shows?

Carrots, water, coke, sometimes an apple or pear, and a couple beers.  Beer is of course for after the show day when we are at an away show.  I also love when the bigger shows have exhibitor parties and open bar hehehe

One thing about showing (or riding in general) you wish you could change?

Ok I will answer with something else since we all agree the cost is ridiculous.  That all our unrated shows run as slow as molasses on a Florida summer day.  No one is in a hurry and seem perfectly happy to be there all night.  Rings get held for an insane amount of time.  I've been to large rated shows with thousands of exhibitors and they run like clockwork.  I understand they have way more staff but could they just move a tiny bit faster???

24. Your ringside crew


Other than my trainer and Mini Nugget that's it.  Of course if I have friends showing they come watch but no entourage.  If I show close enough to MD my parents will come (they met me in NC over the summer).  And my husband only comes to horse shows for the exhibitor parties and open bar.

25. Best prizes

Money!  Also saddle pads and coolers.  I am not a ribbon hoarder and my trainer often gets annoyed that I don't pick up my ribbons (we are supposed to hang them on the barn banner).


2 comments:

  1. Oh man i hate shows that don't keep things going!!! Especially when they have an open card and trainers still hold up rings FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #23!! That is such a huge problem in my area. This year one of the local series became B-rated and they actually had to stop and move classes to the second day because they were going to run for over 12 consecutive hours (which apparently equals a big fine from USEF).

    ReplyDelete