Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Legs Are Spaghetti

Tonight I first rode Tank.  He has only been ridden lightly for the past couple of weeks due to my lack of time so he was a little full of himself but still a good boy.  He does much better when he is ridden at least 3-4 times a week,  I really need to work on getting him back in shape.  We jumped a few little jumps and that was about it.  It's hard to come up with fun things to break up his routine. 


A picture of Tank taken 2/13 but I wanted to show off how cute he is.  This is at my trainer's barn.
 
I got on Ketel next.  He is sooooo quiet.  I am like pony kicking to get him to jog.  I can't even call it a trot.  That's too fast.  The first time I got on him I made sure my husband was home (in case it went badly) and my non-horsey hubby commented that he would make a good trail horse because he was so laid back.  I am starting to wonder if he was right.  He doesn't want to go fast at all.  He is happiest when he is parked and looking around.  Anyway, I continued to kick as hard at I could to keep him going both directions until I was just pooped out.  And my legs felt like spaghetti.  I really wanted to get him to canter tonight.  I am wondering how the heck I am going to get him to do that.  I can't believe I am on a 3 year old TB kicking like a child on a fat little Farnley pony.  And he could care less...


Ketel, taken a couple of weeks ago.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment