Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Progress


I am so excited!  The trainer (J) came last evening to work with Luxxx.  I lunged him for her to get his sillies out then she hopped on.  In no time she had him walking, trotting, and cantering around the paddock!  She worked on getting him to respond better to leg, bending, and steering.  He had 2 small defiant moments by the gate and after she got after him both times he didn't try it again.  I am so proud of him!  He looked so grown up!!

J really liked him, all of his gates, and his willing attitude.  That made me happy too.  She can't come again until Friday.  I promise I will take video this time.  This is why I want to be part of this experience.  It is awesome to watch a horse that I purchased 6 months ago as an unbroken baby hacking around the ring like a big boy!

5 comments:

  1. No better feeling than the warm fuzzies when your horse behaves for someone else. So happy that it worked out with J and that she can come again this week, woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a good baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, glad it worked out with J and baby L!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete